Re: [exim] smtp auth

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp auth
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:58:24 +0100, Marc Haber
<mh+exim-users@???> wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:19:17 -0600 (CST), punatech@??? wrote:
>>current ehlo response
>>220 example.com Sendmail ready.
>
>As you have already been told on the pkg-exim4-users mailing list (and
>which you have not bothered to reply): You are very obviously not
>running exim.

Sorry, I have deleted your private reply too fast. exim's Debian
packages don't call themselves "Sendmail" in the greeting banner.
That's why I doubt that you're running exim. If you changed the
banner, you would know that and would be able to tell.

This is what an exim banner looks like:
|220 torres.int.l21.ma.zugschlus.de ESMTP Exim 4.50 Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:40:28 +0100

And I am not aware that it is possible to have exim reject EHLO.

I don't know which MTA you are running, but I am pretty sure that it
is not exim.

Greetings
Marc