Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Steve Lamb
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
Bruce Richardson wrote:
> Individual C/R users don't necessarily generate a lot of spam but
> collectively they do add up.

    Last job I worked at used TMDA.  The queues on their mail machines where
they had lots of active domains *NEVER* saw under 20,000.  Never.  And we ran
a process which would clear out TMDA challenges once every 3 hours.

    CR advocates claim that CR is less computationally expensive than content
(bayesian) filtering.  From my experience I'd call the two comparable with
content filtering winning when one factors in wear and tear on hardware.