Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)

Author: Marc Sherman
To: Matt Fretwell
CC: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)
Matt Fretwell wrote:

> Again, this comes back to my original point. If the clients admin cannot
> be arsed to configure their system correctly, why should they expect to be
> allowed any degree of courtesy from remote systems? What is the point of
> making the server do what the client should have already done.

I'm curious, Matt. Would you block mail from my server? It says "EHLO
pyloric.projectile.ca". That domain name is not resolvable outside my
local network. It connects from an IP address that reverse-resolves to
"projectile.ca". Here's an example Received: header (sorry about the
wrapping):

    by sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.44) id 1DE9As-000Fwa-MV
    for exim-users@???; Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:57:48 +0000

- Marc