Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
Tony Finch wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Bill Hacker wrote:
>
>>Can't imagine Mynheer Venema was consulted... but it has
>>been a lot of years since he was on IBM's dime.
>

> He currently works at the T. J. Watson Research Center at Yorktown
> Heights.
>
> Tony.

Thanks!

Major changes in his website since I last visited - wasn't aware he
was back in the States.

Used to be 'interesting times' on the courier-mta list when
Wietse, Sam, and DJB would all three pitch in to comment on
some issue. Cooperation is important in this biz. We all
have the same ratware to deal with.

And the same broken MUA's and user-base 'attitudes'.

But I am betting that the IBM move is out of their Sales & Marketing
departments, not technology. It smacks of poor research, and
worse understanding of the need to pave the way for acceptance,
even if they actually have found a workable 'silver bullet'.
(For which there is scant evidence...)

Waiting to see......

Best,

Bill