Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:50:42PM +0000, Matt Fretwell wrote:
> If, according to the RFC's, a client MUST helo with a valid hostname, and
> doesn't, why should the reference to 'must not refuse to accept', (or
> something similiar), be adhered to?

You'll note, also, that "host" and "IP address" are different things. A
multi-homed host has multiple IP addresses. The client only has to HELO
with a "valid principal hostname for that host"...

Flame on....

(It's been a while since we've had this particular flame war, I was starting
to miss it... :-P )

Cheers

MBM

--