Re: [exim] cyrus/exim verify recipient options (macosx serve…

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: John W. Baxter, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] cyrus/exim verify recipient options (macosx server)
At 7:22 pm -0800 2005/03/22, John W. Baxter wrote:
>On 3/22/2005 17:38, "Giuliano Gavazzi" <eximlists@???> wrote:
>
>> I am setting up a client's mailserver on XServe hardware running
>> MacOSX Server 10.3.8.
>>
>> The default configuration uses postfix+cyrus and gives a "nice"
>> administration interface to user accounts that I plan to keep as much
>> as I can, for the benefit of others, but that I might scrap
>> altogether (and cyrus too..) if it means too much suffering for me.
>
>I'm sure you noticed the Apple Security update released earlier this week.
>Contains a bunch of Cyrus-related fixes. It would likely be best to apply
>that before spending time on the switch to Exim. (Your choice, of course.)

didn't you notice my previous post "cyrus + macosx server - security update"
or the sentence "until the latest security update broke mbpath" in this one?
(mbpath is a component of the cyrus installation).
Actually, just to make sure this is not only a problem with my setup,
could anyone with macosx server check that "/usr/bin/cyrus/bin/mbpath
user.validusermailboxname" still works (when run as root and where
validusermailboxname is just the username of a mail enabled user) on
their box after the update?

The switch to exim has not really been a switch, but a necessity, as
I do not know otherwise how to configure postfix to check for the
local deliverability of incoming emails during the SMTP phase. As I
wrote somewhere else I think that a standard MacOSX Server box should
not be deployed as a mailserver on the internet as it is, that is as
a collateral spam factory.

Giuliano