Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffix…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffixes
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Michael Haardt wrote:

> If the variables work in the filter, people will expect them to work in
> transports, too, which requires expanding them when the router runs
> and adding the results to the address_item.
>
> Philip: Which approach do you prefer?

Sorry, I have not had time to think about this[*]. Could it be done for
Sieve first, and then variables added later if that seems like a good
idea?

[*] Until I finish work on documentation conversion (which is taking a
*lot* of time), I'm not working much on the code. I'm also trying to
keep the next release of PCRE moving (slowly) and working on Exim
teaching/presentation materials. So I'm afraid for the next few weeks
I'll be giving that response quite frequently (and after that I'm away
again).