Re: [exim] relay and rewrite

Author: gunnar.ahlberg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] relay and rewrite

> > Could someone help me with the following:
> >
> > All mail sent by this server using sendmail (from php, mailman and

local

> If you're using Sendmail, how is configuring Exim doing to help ?

You've probably tapped into my limited knowledge of what the difference is
between MTA and other .. =)

However, I hoped that configuring exim would define what any other sending
mechanism would use, e.g. a php script etc. I don't want to configure these
individually.

(admin@???)

> One possibility are rewrite rules :-
>
> begin rewrite
> *@server.domain.net   admin@???      F

> This would have to be tested (it's come out of my memory so could easily

be
> wrong), and you may want to tinker with it to rewrite exactly what you

want.
> "F" rewrites the envelope from. See the documentation.

Thank you, my system is already setup with a number of these already. Now I
know where to start. Many thanks!

> > 2) Will the receiver be able to reply to the original sender?
>
> Depends what you rewrite! By just changing the envelope you should be ok
> though (assuming that 'whatever@???' is a valid address).

.. changing the "envelope".. what do you mean? Is it X-Sender?