[exim] relay and rewrite

Author: gunnar.ahlberg
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] relay and rewrite

Hi

We have a server with the hostname server.domain.net configured with exim

Could someone help me with the following:

All mail sent by this server using sendmail (from php, mailman and local
users) to be relayed by our smtp server smtprelay.domain.net
The relay server (postfix) requires the sender to be in the address book,
so we created a admin@???.

1) How do I configure exim to send mail to this server with the sender
field to be the one accepted by our relay host (admin@???)

2) Will the receiver be able to reply to the original sender?

Thanks,

Best regards / Med vänliga hälsningar

Gunnar Ahlberg
Research and Development

IBS CORPORATE HEADQUARTER
P.O. Box 1350, SE-171 26 Solna,Sweden
Phone: +46 8 627 23 00      Direct: +46 8 627 25 83
Fax: +46 8 764 59 65      Mobile: +46 (0)736 33 22 65
www.ibs.net