Re: [exim] Blank From

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Blank From

--On March 18, 2005 08:06:26 +0100 Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???>
wrote:

> Third: I suspect that you want to reject messages with a <> envelope
> sender, which is an extremely stupid idea. If you need to google for
> the reasons, you shouldn't be running a public mail server.

Well, it's a bad thing to do. It's not a stupid idea, it's an obvious idea
when you're getting a lot of spam blowback. Remember, questions are the
beginning of wisdom, Marc, and questions spring from ideas.

Implementing it without understanding the implications would be a stupid
thing to do, though. When people understand the implications, they usually
choose not to.

The implications:

1. your users can't get bounce messages when their email is
misaddressed, or can't be delivered.
2. they can't get vacation messages warning that the recipient isn't
available.
3. they can't send email to sites that check the validity of the sender
address with verification callouts.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team