Re: [exim] RFC 1413 default on debian

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] RFC 1413 default on debian
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 06:06:43PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:58:29 -0500, David Brodbeck
> <DavidB@???> wrote:
> >How is it my fault that AOL is blocking ident requests, then not waiting
> >long enough for them to time out?
>
> I do not understand what you mean.
>
> What exactly is happening?
>
> AOL is blocking ident requests to their mail servers?

That is pretty clear from his earlier post. They start sending him
mail, he tries to get an ident response, they drop the connection but in
the time it takes for his exim instance to timeout they give up on
delivering to him.

Solution is either to lower the timeout or exclude hotmail servers from
the probes.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.