Re: [exim] Bayesian filtering idea

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Alun
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bayesian filtering idea
Alun,

I've been experimenting with a custom bayesian filter myself with good
results. I'm not that much of a programmer so I started with spamprobe
and wrote a program that basically stripped away most of the message
body and omly focused on the headers. And I used Exim to enhance the
headers by doing a lot of DNS lookups on the zone info on the connecting
host.

Within the body I only save the links, names of files referenced, email
addresses, and phone numbers. And - it is working a lot better that Spam
Assassin's bayesian filter.

What I'm doing is using this new filter to return a score and then using
SA to read that score from the header and add or subtract points.

So - let us know how your tricks work. This is something I'm interested in.