Re: [exim] Sender verify rejection

Autor: Dermot Paikkos
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender verify rejection
On 11 Mar 2005 at 20:05, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:35:20 -0000, "Dermot Paikkos"
> <dermot@???> wrote:
> >2005-03-11 17:16:48 1D9nkH-00012B-00 == hmcdonnell@???
> >T=remote_smtp defer (0): SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
> >FROM:<dermot@???> SIZE=1794: host mail.somedomain.com
> >[82.147.12.250]: 451-Could not complete sender verify callout\r\n451-
> >Could not complete sender verify callout for
> ><dermot@???>.\r\n451-The mail server(s) for the domain may
> >be tempor arily unreachable, or\r\n451-they may be permanently
> >unreachable from this server. In the latter case ,\r\n451-you need to
> >change the address or create an MX record for its domain\r\n451-if it
> >is suppose d to be generally accessible from the Internet.\r\n451
> >Talk to your mail administrator for details.
>
> Is the MX for mydomain.com reachable from the Internet? Can you
> receive e-mail for that domain from the Internet?
>
> Greetings
> Marc

Yes mydomain is working fine in terms of MX records. I am not aware
of ever receiving a report about failed lookup for my primary mx.

There is a suggestion that their firewall might have a short timeout
which is why they don't receive an SMTP banner. However my test exim
server (v4.43) can send mail to that domain. That server is in the
same subnet as my primary (v3.16). If I telnet to my primary it
takes 3 sec for a banner to appear, if appears almost instantly from
my test server. So I think I will consider this another reason for
upgrading my email server hardware and software.
Dp.