Re: [exim] exim 4.4 authentication

Author: Ian Firla
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.4 authentication
Hi and thanks for the advice.

I've ditched the exim3 converted file as suggested on list and let
debconf do the work. However, I still have the problem of auth not
being advertised.

I tried adding: dc_auth_advertise_hosts='*' to update-exim4.conf.conf
and then running update-exim4.conf but this didn't affect

/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated

I copied that file over to /etc/exim4 as exim4.conf and added

auth_advertise_hosts = *

immediatly prior to

begin acl

I've restarted exim but still get no joy.

I've checked my conf file against others that I've googled on to see
if perhaps I have the auth_advertise_hosts line in the wrong place ...
but it seems to be right... I'm not sure what I should try next.

Thanks again,

Ian