Re: [exim] Checking all received IP's in Spamhaus?

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Checking all received IP's in Spamhaus?
On 3/11/2005 0:15, "Marc Perkel" <marc@???> wrote:

> Instead of just checking the connecting host - can I check ALL the IPs
> in the received headers to see if any of them is listed?
>
> How can I do that?

People who do this caused us to have a rather complex received_header_text
setting. At one point in our mail flow we receive a message into a loopback
address that DNSBLs generally report as bad...I have to mask that with the
machine's real address.

The first place I ran into it knowingly was the forwarder which sends to
private vessels at sea...the Navy address which forwards to sailors aboard
ship underway also didn't like it. Heavy filtering is understandable in
both cases...messages are expensive in that context.

--John