Re: [exim] Sender verify rejection

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender verify rejection
On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 02:23:10PM -0000, Dermot Paikkos wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2005 at 14:03, Tony Finch wrote:
> > I expect you are doing RFC 1413 ident checks, and the mailserver which is
> > performing the callback to you has incompetently firewalled off identd and
> > has failed to adjust the callback timeout to compensate for this fact.
> I can't say that I am doing ident checks - not wittingly anyway -
> although my conf has the following;

I assume that this is still the same installation that I set up all those
many moons ago, in which case it probably would be doing ident checking of
the remote host.

> receiver_verify
> headers_sender_verify
> sender_verify
> sender_verify_reject
>
> > You can work around the problem by turning off ident checks.
> Bearing in mind that this is exim 3.16, what, if any, of these should
> I look at.

None of those.

set rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s

> That said I don't want expose myself because of a someone else's mis-
> configured firewall.

Unfortunately, in this kind of thing - this is more and more often the case...

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/