Re: [exim] Sender verify rejection

Author: Dermot Paikkos
To: Tony Finch
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender verify rejection
On 11 Mar 2005 at 14:03, Tony Finch wrote:
> I expect you are doing RFC 1413 ident checks, and the mailserver which is
> performing the callback to you has incompetently firewalled off identd and
> has failed to adjust the callback timeout to compensate for this fact.

I can't say that I am doing ident checks - not wittingly anyway -
although my conf has the following;
receiver_verify
headers_sender_verify
sender_verify
sender_verify_reject

> You can work around the problem by turning off ident checks.

Bearing in mind that this is exim 3.16, what, if any, of these should
I look at.

That said I don't want expose myself because of a someone else's mis-
configured firewall.
Thanx.
Dp.