[exim] Exim 3.36 and Lotus' confirmation of delivery

Author: Sven Riedel
Subject: [exim] Exim 3.36 and Lotus' confirmation of delivery
Hi all,
I'm having some problems with an exim mail-gateway that sits in front
of a Lotus Notes infrastructure. Passing normal mails to and fro
works just fine. The problem is when someone from the Lotus side of
things requests a confirmation of delivery, he gets as a reply (from
his Lotus server), that exim can't handle these requests.

Looking at the exim logs, I don't see any error messages, in fact
all relevant mails were handed through just fine. Otoh, I'm totally
unfamiliar with Notes, so I don't know if the deliver request is
encapsulated in a normal SMTP mail (I'm assuming this), or if Notes
is doing it's completely own thing.

Does anyone have experience with this situation and if/how it would
be possible to rectify it?

Regs,
Sven

BAGHUS GmbH