Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Author: Jerry Stuckle
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
All,

The problem is SOLVED! Thanks to a side comment from Nigel...

"Because it's a different Exim process, run with different arguments -
the ones in the spamcheck transport."

Key here... "the ones in the spamcheck transport".

I went to change the transport to add some debugging parameters to the
command. And found I was executing the wrong command!

When I upgraded to Exim 4.42, I did a LOT of changes, including a new
configuration file (a lot of changes to test). Somehow, this line got
changed back to execute an old version of exim - with a completely
different configuration file. Once I changed this line to execute the
correct exim, everything started working again.

I have no idea how it got changed in the first place. As I said before,
this hasn't been rebooted in months, and I don't remember any changes in
this area. But obviously I did.

Thanks to all for your help. I know you spent a lot of time for a very
stupid mistake. But I also learned a lot about exim in the process.

Your time and assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

Jerry