Re: [exim-dev] Problems with multiple smtp recipients

Autor: Hendrik Visage
A: exim-dev
CC: Hendrik Visage
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Problems with multiple smtp recipients
On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:14:53AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be anything odd about your configuration, EXCEPT,
> wait! I've seen something odd. You have
>
> user = mail
>
> in your smtp transport. Is "mail" your "exim" user? Ah, no, it isn't! I
> see elsewhere in the config that you have
>
> admin_groups = exim
> exim_user = root
>
> The last of these is worrying. It is not a good idea to run Exim as

The problem: exim 4 (coming from exim3) the exim user etc. was quite problematic
to get things going :(

What I don't understand, it's only breaking for this case where the remote
mailer fails (in PIPELINING mode, i believe the remote mailer is also exim)
only on *some* of the rcpts. The moment I add the max_rcpts to 3 or less,
the emails goes through without hassles. I think the remote mailer
(sun.ac.za) might have limits on the number of incoming RCPT for spam
reasons etc.