Re: [exim] Running exim on a cluster-filesystem

Autor: Patrick von der Hagen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Running exim on a cluster-filesystem
Tony Finch wrote:
> I wonder if you could have separate spool directories per server but
> shared input subdirectories. Separate spool dirs means the hints databases
> are not shared, which avoids contention with the locking on them. Shared
> input subdirs means that queue runners on all machines will see all the
> messages. Use a split spool to reduce the contention caused by queue
> runners.

Thank you for your valuable input, it sounds very interesting. I'm quite
happy that no one considers running several exim-server with a shared
filesystem to be a major problem, but currently I stopped optimizing
exim and try to run an IMAP-server on the same filesystem.

As I feared, that task proves to be much more difficult. Usually we are
running Cyrus, but it doesn't like mmap with the special file-system. :-(

Website says "we do mmap". Support-staff says "no, we don't". Referring
support-staff to website causes confusion. ;-) Issue unresolved for two
days, they usually perform better...

But I'm getting off-topic...

--
CU,