[exim-dev] Re: [exim] Bug in duplicate detection?

Author: Phil Chambers
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Re: [exim] Bug in duplicate detection?
> > Or maybe I'm stretching Exim's configuration beyond what can be expected to
> > work? Or have I made a stupid mistake?

If my understanding of Philip's explanation is correct then perhaps you are
stretching Exim's configuration. My understanding is that the problem can only
occur if you effectively have a circular pair of aliases:

alice-1 -> alice-2
alice-2 -> alice-1

I would expect unpredicatble results if you have other aliases to those as well.

Can someone explain a real situation where one would want an alias loop, because I
can't think of one?

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter