Re: [exim] Defer as a spam filter

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Defer as a spam filter
>Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:48:14 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Jethro R Binks <jethro.binks@???>
>To: "Exim-Users (E-mail)" <exim-users@???>
>Subject: Re: [exim] Defer as a spam filter

>I keep thinking we should have a "no mail checking day", when
>I turn off all DNSBLs, syntax checking, spam scoring, etc, and
>just let it all flow through. And let them see how much we're
>protecting them from - in generally, they just haven't got a clue
>how much nasty stuff aimed at them they never see.

Oh, I like this idea. I *really* like this idea. About the only
thing I'd leave in place is the virus checking.

April 1st seems an ideal time to try this out.  If successful
(measured by the volume of complaints) there's no reason why it
shouldn't become an annual event.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101