RE: [exim] redirecting root email

Author: Gray, Richard
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] redirecting root email
<SNP>
> I am running exim 4.44 on a debian sarge box and cannot for the life

of me figure out how to redirect mail
> that goes to the root account > to go to a non-root user. I have

tried setting an alias in the /etc/aliases
> file, tried setting something in root's .forward file butnothing

works. I try debugging the user routing with

other than get sent out as root@$DOMAIN....
> which is NOT what I want. Any ideas? Would be happy to send more

diagnostic information if I knew of any
> that would be helpful.

I've never used debian, so I may be simply spreading FUD here, but can't
you just log in as root and create
a .forward file in root's home directory?

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS Managed Email Security and is free from all known viruses.

For further information contact email-integrity@???