RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server

Author: Eli
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server
Philip wrote:
> I must ask for details of that, please. The messages I send should all
> have lines no longer than 72 characters in them. If they don't,
> something along the way is breaking something.

Worry not good sir - it's entirely Outlooks fault. When I have it use > to
prefix lines, it goes in to "dumber than I was originally" mode and does
something (I've never bothered to try and think about exactly what it's
doing) whacky with line wrapping based on settings in Outlook. I think it
prefixes the lines with "> ", then line wraps on 72 chars, then prefixes the
wrapped lines with "> ", so you get something like:

> This is not something Philip typed
> because
> it's all fake I tells ya!

Nothing incorrect with your client - all Outlooks fault. I'm configuring
Thunderbird as I type this, so hopefully I can bring some real peace to the
flak I get for my replies (although, I don't think Thunderbird makes me any
smarter - so I'll still be wrong half the time when I reply) :)

Eli.