RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server

Author: Eli
To: exim-users, 'Marc Sherman'
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server
Philip wrote:
> Posters to this list might like to note that my standard
> response to any message whose first screen (50 or so lines
> in my case) consists entirely of quotes is to hit the "D"
> key... it's one way of keeping the "list load" down. :-)

Well, to my defense I do try to trim quotes down when I see the stuff I'm
quoting doesn't really apply to what I am replying to. The reason I keep
some history in the emails is partly due to the way I view emails - and I
figure if I do it, there's a chance others do as well and might appreciate
the history in the email as to what I'm replying to.

I unfortunately use Outlook XP in the office, and for anyone who uses it
knows very well that it does NOT do a nice threaded view as you get in
something like Thunderbird. Because of this, when I view a reply to a
thread I see only that email, nothing of the history (also because I purge
my deleted items because worse than using Outlook, our email server still
uses mbox format and my "eli-list" account gets quite a bit of email).

I've noticed that mailing lists get a distinct 2 sided view from people -
the elitists who love mailing lists and view them as newsgroups, and the
others who don't :P Right now, I'm one who doesn't see it quite as a
newsgroup - and it especially doesn't look like one through Outlook.

Give me some credit - I've changed to using > to quote people, I usually
format the crappy line wrapping that Outlook does (or lack thereof) in
quotes, and I *don't* quote *entire* emails - I do trim them (with the
exceptions to very small emails like the one I'm quoting now - which I also
had to fix the line wrapping for :P).

Anyways, 'nuff of that.

Eli.