Re: [exim] perl authenticator

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] perl authenticator
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> From: Daniel Tiefnig <exim@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:49:34 +0100
> Subject: Re: [exim] perl authenticator

>| # apt-cache show exim4
>| Package: exim4
>| [...]
>| Version: 4.44-2
>| [...]

> LTIC this was 4.34-something, and Andreas (Metzler) said some months
> ago, that they will release 4.34 with sarge. Now I wonder why they
> changed their opinion on that, though I think that's great.

Release 4.44 was/is a bugfix version that fixes as few vunerabilities
in exim.  Some could have caused exim to crash.  So the packagers were
being responsible and prudent in going for Release 4.44 instead of Release
4.34.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101