Re: [exim-dev] New web site...

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] New web site...
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 01:44:54AM -0500, Sam Michaels wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:32:18 +0000, Yann Golanski <yann@???> wrote:
> > I suggested that instead of using some XHTML+CSS pages we could just
> > use Moinmoin (the wiki) with a set of access control lists to only
> > allow editions of pages outside the FAQ to a specific group of users.
> I disagree. A site like php.net or mysql.com with user comments is
> more appropriate and less prone to vandalism. I sent a suggestion and
> made an offer to Nigel about 2 years ago but never heard back :(

I'd just like to say that when I had to do some PHP for work, I found that
for the most part the user comments were worse than useless - mainly due to
the users posting the comments not having understood the thing they were
commenting on correctly. This meant that at best they were ignoreable, at
worst, confusing. I, personally, don't think user additions have any place
in technical documentation, especially not if it can stay at the very high
standard that Phil has set.

Cheers

MBM

--