Re: [exim-dev] New web site...

Author: Sam Michaels
To: Yann Golanski
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] New web site...
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:32:18 +0000, Yann Golanski <yann@???> wrote:
> I suggested that instead of using some XHTML+CSS pages we could just
> use Moinmoin (the wiki) with a set of access control lists to only
> allow editions of pages outside the FAQ to a specific group of users.

I disagree. A site like php.net or mysql.com with user comments is
more appropriate and less prone to vandalism. I sent a suggestion and
made an offer to Nigel about 2 years ago but never heard back :(

Another big issue I see are the mirrors. They're all over the place
as it is...and now you have to deal with getting them the database.

Frankly, I don't see what the big craze is with wiki. Open source
thesaurus, nice. Everything else, no.

Sam