Re: [exim] [Debian issue #244724] exim 4 uses double reverse…

Author: 'Marc Haber'
To: exim-users
New-Topics: RE: [exim] [Debian issue #244724] exim 4 uses double reverselookupforindexing into client password file
Subject: Re: [exim] [Debian issue #244724] exim 4 uses double reverse lookupforindexing into client password file
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 14:03:16 -0500, "Eli" <eli-list@???>
wrote:
>Marc wrote:
>> Our outbound SMTP smarthost transport has
>> |hosts_try_auth = ${if exists
>> |{CONFDIR/passwd.client}{smarthost.fqdn.example}
>
>Ok... What router did this come through? I bet it came through a
>"dnslookup" router, correct?

Most probably a manualroute one. We're talking smarthosts here. I
suspect that the bug reporter is using something along
smarthost:
debug_print = "R: smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
driver = manualroute
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
route_list = * smarthost.fqdn.example byname
host_find_failed = defer
same_domain_copy_routing = yes
no_more

Greetings