Re: [exim] New Stuff

Author: Nigel Wade
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New Stuff
Fred Viles wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2005 at 18:27, David wrote about
>     "Re: [exim] New Stuff":

> | Hi !!

> | > It's under the OLD_DEMIME define.
> |
> | OLD_DEMIME is deprecated, so i supose this feature is lost
> | for the ones not using old demime, really surprising.
>
> Especially as demime is still required for several virus scanners,
> notably clamav. I hope "deprecated" doesn't mean it will be dropped
> before that problem is solved...
>
> - Fred

I think that it may still be required for Sophos. At least I've not managed
to get Sophos/sweep to properly scan complete messages with attachments. The
attachments need to be "detached" first for it to recognize viruses in them.

An email with a virus which had a minor MIME error (and many do) would not
run sweep because the error in the mime decoding would prevent exiscan from
processing the malware section. I found that demime_errorlevel is needed to
get around this problem.

Is there some other way of doing this? I would not like to be dependent on a
deprecated feature.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555