Re: [exim] New Stuff

Author: Adrian Phillips
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New Stuff

    Fred> | > It's under the OLD_DEMIME define.
    Fred> |
    Fred> | OLD_DEMIME is deprecated, so i supose this feature is lost
    Fred> | for the ones not using old demime, really surprising.

    Fred> Especially as demime is still required for several virus
    Fred> scanners, notably clamav.  I hope "deprecated" doesn't mean
    Fred> it will be dropped before that problem is solved...

Is this still true (for clamav at least) ? There has recently been a
discussion about whether this should be dropped from the Debian
package and there were concerns razed there about problems with
clamav; I was under the impression that the ScanMail option (mopre
recent versions have it enabled by default) handled emails
"transparently". Of course, there may be other scanners that don't.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/