Re: [exim] Port 465/587 revisited

Autor: Michael Johnson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Port 465/587 revisited
On 24 Feb, 2005, at 12:28:32. 0 PM, Mike Richardson wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 01:17:06AM +0800, Bill Hacker wrote:
>> If you are 'Mac bound', Mozilla Mail or Thunderbird supports 'all of
>> the above'.
>
> This is a list of clients and their config details (specific to us
> but it
> doesn't take a genius to figure what to change) which we know work.
> Port 25
> and 587 are STARTTLS and port 465 is tls-on-connect:
>
> # Listen on multiple port
>
> daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 465 : 587
>
> # Straight SSL connection for braindead clients like Outlook.
>
> tls_on_connect_ports = 465

This part I did figure out. You just confirmed I was doing the right
thing. Now, for some reason, the client won't authenticate against the
MySQL db which works fine when using port 25. I've tried changing the
password type from plain to CRAM-MD5 to no avail.

-Michael