Re: [exim] Port 465/587 revisited

Autor: Mike Richardson
A: Bill Hacker
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: [exim] upgrade to 4.50 problems
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Port 465/587 revisited
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 01:17:06AM +0800, Bill Hacker wrote:
> If you are 'Mac bound', Mozilla Mail or Thunderbird supports 'all of
> the above'.
>
> I use Moz with *many* differently configured test accounts to test Exim
> (and other) 'special' port setups, including STARTTLS and 'legacy' SSL.
>
> Opera's mailer and GNUMail also work on OS X, as well as Mulberry ($)
> and PowerMail ($),
>
> Newer Apple Mail *may work* - but I deleted it so long ago I don't even
> remember why... seem to recall it at one time needed stunnel and/or
> hooked, WinWoes-catch-me-check-my-file-system like to the address book
> (also safely rm'ed)

This is a list of clients and their config details (specific to us but it
doesn't take a genius to figure what to change) which we know work. Port 25
and 587 are STARTTLS and port 465 is tls-on-connect:

# Listen on multiple port

daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 465 : 587

# Straight SSL connection for braindead clients like Outlook.

tls_on_connect_ports = 465

Mike

--
Mike Richardson