Re: [exim] verify = header_sender

Autor: Marilyn Davis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] verify = header_sender
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> Hi Exim Experts,
>
> I was studying the Exim book and the "verify = header_sender" caught
> my attention.
>
> I don't immediately see how it works in the routers. Does it work the
> same as "verify = sender"? If I have a router with
> "verify_sender_only" set, will "verify = header_sender" go there?

Ooops. Rather, if my router has: verify_sender = no, will
header_sender verification try that router?

Now I have a router just for verifying the envelope sender, and one
just for verifying recipients. I'd like to verify the header_sender
in an ACL but I want that to be another special router. Can I arrange
that?

When verify = header_sender is happening, if a Reply-To: address can't
be verified, will it then try to verify the From: address?

I don't seem to find any info in the regular places.

Thank for anything anyone knows.

Marilyn