Re: [exim] Thoughts on Razor?

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: Christian Schmidt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Thoughts on Razor?

I run it, but only as part of spam assassin at SMTP time, thanks to
sa-exim.

I found that it does work well, and there are few false positives
(though lots of 'opt in' lists get marked, so if you're on some
corporate announcement list, the distributed networks can be a pain)

BUT, it doesn't work well enough on its own -- maybe it cuts down on
1/3 - 1/2 the spam.

Thats a good number though, and it is considerably less processor
intensive than spamassassin. If you're running a setup where you can
do a distributed system first (razor/pyzor/dcc), to weed out things you
scan with more intensive processes, it works well.