Re: [exim] exim error message

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim error message
Paul Webb wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been running exim and spam assassin and encounter this error every
> so often. The mail server processes approximately 1000 messages per hour
> without trouble but once it hits about the 2000+ messages per hour
> messages start to bounce to sender. I've attached my router and
> transport sections and the bounce message with debugging turned on.

Not mentioned, but necessary information in this sort of case:

- "horsepower" of your platform (CPU, speed, memory, disk space)

- Upstream bandwidth, and whether it is throttled.

- What connections or message-size limits (if any) you are configured for

- What sort of resource load is SpamAssassin showing?

Bugs that might strike at 2,000 /hr should have already surfaced at
1000/hr, so
one suspects a simple shortage of resources (external to Exim, probably).

BIll