[exim] exim error message

Author: Paul Webb
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim error message
Hi,

I've been running exim and spam assassin and encounter this error every
so often. The mail server processes approximately 1000 messages per hour
without trouble but once it hits about the 2000+ messages per hour
messages start to bounce to sender. I've attached my router and
transport sections and the bounce message with debugging turned on.

Ideally if possible I'd like NOT to have the message bounce back to
sender but keep the message and continually try and pass the message to
spamassasin when and if it is available.

Any help with the error or non bouncing would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

ERROR MSG:

2005-02-23 18:04:37 1D3qUj-0008X4-J6 ** xxx@??? R=spamcheck
T=spamassassincheck: Child process of spamassassincheck transport
returned 2 from command: /usr/local/sbin/exim

ROUTER:

spamcheck:
        no_verify
        condition = ${if and{{ !def:h_X-Spam-Flag: } \
                       { !eq{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned} }} \
                   {${lookup {$domain} \
                      lsearch {/etc/mail/domains.dat} \
                      {yes} {no} }} \
                   {no} }
        driver = accept
        transport = spamassassincheck

TRANSPORT:

spamassassincheck:
      debug_print = "T: spamassassin for $local_part@$domain"
      driver = pipe
      command = /usr/local/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
      use_bsmtp
      transport_filter = /usr/local/bin/spamc -u $local_part@$domain
      home_directory = "/tmp"
      current_directory = "/tmp"
      user = mailnull
      group = mail
      return_fail_output
      headers_remove = "X-Spam-Checker-Version"
      message_prefix =
      message_suffix =

BOUNCE MSG: