Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Jeff
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays
From: "Marc Perkel" <marc@???>

> Dean Brooks wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:42:49PM -0800, Marilyn Davis wrote:
> >

> >>If some people you know would like to relay through you, you can
> >>provide that for them without being open to everyone.
> >>
> >>Unless I'm missing some point here?
> >>

> >Nope, you're not missing anything. The original poster could indeed
> >use SMTP AUTH to completely provide the service he wants to provide,
> >without creating an open relay, but apparantely gets more enjoyment
> >out of trolling this list than actually taking anyone suggestions.
> >
> >However, I now see that his motivation has recently degraded into
> >paranoia of wire-tapping. Each hour that passed, his reasons for
> >being an open relay has degraded into the more bizarre and illogical.
> >
> >I guess we should all stop feeding the troll(s).
> >
> >--
> >Dean Brooks
> >dean@???
> >

> It's not paranoia - I host people who have been wiretapped. You might
> have seen in the news where Apple was tapping the email of powerpage.org
> for reporting information that Apple didn't want discussed. I now host
> them. I also host a last number of political activists.
>
> I do have smtp auth for people who know me who have accounts on my
> system. But this service would provide smtp to people who are not
> spammers - who don't know me - and don't have accounts on my system. And
> I see no hard in it because it is a spam free service. So - I need no
> other reason other than I choose to do it.
>
> --
> Marc Perkel - marc@???
>
> Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
>     My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com
> My Religion: http://www.churchofreality.org
> ~ "If it's real - we believe in it!" ~

Well Marc, I am usually so quiet, but here you go:

    JUST DROP THIS THREAD AND GO AND DO IT!!!

And, with all your customers worring about being tapped, the Feds will be
quite happy that they now have all their suspects in the one place..

Go for it.. But do let us know your IP address so that we can take what we
consider appropriate measures.

Rgds
Jeff