Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays
On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:42:49PM -0800, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> If some people you know would like to relay through you, you can
> provide that for them without being open to everyone.
>
> Unless I'm missing some point here?

Nope, you're not missing anything. The original poster could indeed
use SMTP AUTH to completely provide the service he wants to provide,
without creating an open relay, but apparantely gets more enjoyment
out of trolling this list than actually taking anyone suggestions.

However, I now see that his motivation has recently degraded into
paranoia of wire-tapping. Each hour that passed, his reasons for
being an open relay has degraded into the more bizarre and illogical.

I guess we should all stop feeding the troll(s).

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???