Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Jonathan Vanasco
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Mostly just as a public service. I know people who travel and every
>> now and then they can't send mail because the server they expect to
>> connect to is down and they need to connect to something just to get
>> sme email out.
>

> That's why we run authenticated SMTP on 8025 and another port
>
> If you wanted to go all out, you could pay for another IP and run
> authenticated SMTP on port 80 -- few people block that port.

I'm already running authenticated SMTP and I have web mail. I'm just
trying this as an experiment to see if it's possible to run a spam free
open relay.

The only reason people got aaway from open relays is bacause of the
spammers. But if I solve that problem then why not?

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com