Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:25:50 -0500, Wakko Warner <wakko@???>
wrote:
>Ugh. Maybe debian should have something simpler for it's default MTA.

That is not my decision. Actually, the people making these decisions
didn't even bother to inform the maintainers before making exim4 the
default. It just was, some morning.

>Might I recomment ssmtp? =)

ssmtp loses e-mail if the smarthost is not available. A bad idea for
an intermittently connected stand-alone system. Also, ssmtp cannot
deliver locally.

>> How did you satisfy the dependency?
>
>Easily, there isn't one (I removed the dependancy when I built the
>package)

Bad idea ;)

Greetings
Marc