RE: [exim] Using Exim 4.50 - New Sender Verify Features - Ex…

Author: Mark Morley
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Using Exim 4.50 - New Sender Verify Features - Example
> Like me - many of you were using rfc-ignorant.org as a white list to
> avoid rejecting mail from servers who refused standard bounce messages -
> like the ones in the sender verify that Exim uses. That problem is now
> gone. Here's some sample code that will drop the message if the sender
> truely doesn't exist and do a warn if the sender just refuses mail from:<>

What I'd like to see in is an expansion variable that contains the text
of the error message returned from the remote system.

I find that many sites (although not all of course) issue an error message
that could be used to detect rejections due to the null sender.

For example, I'd like to do something like this:

deny !verify = sender/callout=20s,defer_ok,random
     condition = ${if eq {$sender_verify_failure} {recipient}}
     condition = ${if match {$SENDER_VERIFY_RESULT} {\N(<>|null|bogus from)\N} {0} {1}}

So that callouts that fail with an error message that refers to "<>" or
to "null", etc. are ignored.

Or does such a variable exist?

Mark