[exim] Exim 4, mysql and forwarding

Author: Rocco Howard
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim 4, mysql and forwarding
G'day,

I'm a novice at all this, but i have been able to get all my virtual users
etc all administrated through mysql. I have some help from more
linux-experienced people but this one is beyong there knowledge.

I run a Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 box situated at my ISP's server rack.

What i am wanting though, and haven't found anything to help me towards this
is:

I run an Exchange box at work that has always done our mail for our
organisation. I have a lot of users that are external to the organisation -
so i want to be able to just get the email forwarded/or local'd immediately
instead of coming up our adsl line (they could pop3/imap to the box instead
of to us) or if they want they can use the webmail on server. I don't
particular trust the exchange server and i also want to stop all traffic
coming through to the box - plus stop a lot of the spaming etc

I'm wanting to get exim to look after our organisations domain - basically
want it to check when email comes in want it to check if an entry in mysql
is there for the account but if that fails then forward the email to my
exhange server here at work. I don't want to have to add entries for
everyone here in the office but just add all the users i want email to stay
there.

It sounds simple to me but my knowledge of Exim is extremely limited (a
whole 2 days!)

Thanks heaps in advance,

Rocco Howard
Information, Technology & Website Services
Finance & Administration
SU Queensland

direct 3632 2244 | f 3632 2299 | m 0421 878 936 | h 3376 0082
800 Kingsford Smith Drive (PO Box 1167), Eagle Farm Qld 4009
rocco@??? | www.suqueensland.org.au

"SU Queensland... bringing hope to a young generation"

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this
email by mistake please promptly inform us by reply email and then delete
the email. There is no warranty that this email is error or virus free.
Check any attachments for viruses before opening. This email may be a
private communication, and if so, does not represent the views of SU
Queensland.