RE: [exim] Caching Spammers to Speed Processing

Author: WJCarpenter
New-Topics: [exim] Greylisting
Subject: RE: [exim] Caching Spammers to Speed Processing
mp> As you all know - running messages through Spam Assassin is a lot
mp> of system load. So - if that can be avoided - mail can be
mp> processed faster. So I've been thinking about temporary black
mp> lists that are triggered by the sins of spammers - but cleared out
mp> every hour or so....

I'm curious if you have already tried greylisting and found it to be
insufficient for the things you describe.  While it's true that a
dictionary attack can give you lots of greylisting records in short
order (depending on your implementation), that's still a heck of a lot
cheaper than runs of SA.  Greylisting was so effective here that it
has moved my constant worrying about SAs load to a secondary issue.
--
bill-exim@??? (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119