Re: [exim] Help with "Return-Path" modification for Exim 4.4…

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help with "Return-Path" modification for Exim 4.41
George Bica wrote:

> [...]

*SNIP*

Whether or not this is at all practical' for you depends on your
user-count, whether public or 'corporate' environment, and other
factors, and this would not work for hotmail or yahoo
environments......but, FWIW...

For 'corporate' accounts, we try to anticipate or react to common and
chronic mis-spelled, mis-typed, mis-remembered addresses and create
aliases as needed to redirect the mail.

Once that has worked, the 'reply' ping-pong (with correct addresses)
will usually sort it between correspondents with no further ado -
neither further bounces nor lost message traffic.

Not perfect, but darned helpful.

YMMV

Bill Hacker