Re: [exim] Bug in exim

Author: Russell Stuart
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bug in exim
On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 00:10, Tom Kistner wrote:
> You forgot to ask a question ... :)
>
> You are passing messages to the AV scanner by LMTP, and you think there
> is a bug in exims LMTP transport?

The email wasn't asking a question. It was making a statement.
The statement was in the subject: "Bug in exim". In other words
I believe there is a bug in exim. In the body of the email I
tried to explain why I think the statement was true.

As for whether the bug is in exim's LMTP transport: I don't know.
I am convinced there is a bug in exim, but beyond that I can not
say. I am going to look at the source today, perhaps I will know
more after I have done that.

Just by the by, the bug is causing me a lot of grief. The
organisation has some 200 people in it. It seems most of them
have taken the time to express their feelings to me about
loosing email - from the CEO down.