[exim] randomizing and fallback_hosts for manualroute

Author: Mark T. Valites
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] randomizing and fallback_hosts for manualroute
I'm looking to set up a manual router to send whatever mail makes it past
the previous ldap based router to this router on to one of two remote MXs.
I'd like to both randomize which remote host the router selects, and to
also have it try the other host if the first fails.

I came across this randomizing info:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/FAQ_27.html#TOC405

and also the documentation for fallback_hosts, but I'm not sure how the
two work together, or whether I should put my fallback_hosts in my router
or the corresponding transport.

I'm looking to add randomizing and fallback support to something like
this:

non_ldap:
debug_print = "R: non-ldap for $local_part@$domain"
driver = manualroute