[exim] Exim 3.36, mySQL and route_list

Author: Rob Stead
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim 3.36, mySQL and route_list

Hello. Newbie first question.

I would like to relay a domain to specified smarthosts. eg

example1.com to mx1.anotherdomain.com
example2.com to mx2.anotherdomain.com

This works fine using a file and this config line:

route_list = "* ${extract{smart_host}{${lookup{$domain}lsearch \
      {/etc/exim/smtp_users}{$value}fail}}} bydns_a"

but if I try to use mySQL it fails.

The condition in the example below works but route_list doesn't.

smarthost_tg:
condition = ${lookup mysql{MYSQL_RELAY_DOMAINS}{$value}fail}
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * ${lookup mysql {MYSQL_SMARTHOST}{$value}fail} bydns_a

MYSQL_SMARTHOST represents a SQL statement that returns the smarthost for
the domain in question.

Can someone help me with the correct syntax or point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Rob Stead