[exim] Re: Best bogofilter integration (for after-SMTP time)…

Author: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: [exim] Re: Best bogofilter integration (for after-SMTP time)?
On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 06:03:16PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Friday, February 4, 2005 at 02:04:12 (+0100), Axel Thimm wrote: ]
> > Subject: [exim] Best bogofilter integration (for after-SMTP time)?
> >
> > I've seen two way of integrating bogofilter:
> >
> > o as a transport_filter for (almost) each transport
> > o as a transport of its own resubmitting the mail into exim's queue
> >
> > Both methods are kind of hackish.
>
> Neither method will work very well either unless maybe all the users get
> very similar mail all of the time.
>
> Filters that use statistical analysis and word or token lists only work
> really well if they can be targetted to individual users so that each
> recipient mailbox has its own private token list, and so that each user
> has a direct and easy way to re-train it when it makes a mistake.

Yes, I agree. At the time of the (pseudo-)local transports I know who
the user is, so the above methods do work with per user settings.

I think what I'm looking for is a router that adds the bogofilter
header and lets the other routers do their job, very much like the
redirect router.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net